Meet Your Match at the Richmond SPCA

MEET YOUR MATCH™

AT THE RICHMOND SPCA

Every time you adopt a pet from the Richmond SPCA, you enable us to save the life of another orphaned animal in great need, and finding a great companion has never been easier!

By completing this fun Adopter Survey we will gather information about your expectations for your new pet which will help us determine which animals might best suit your lifestyle, wants and needs.  When you are finished, you can choose to receive an e-mail invitation to visit the Richmond SPCA that includes color-coded survey results that will guide you to cats or dogs that best meet your expectations.

Please note that the survey has no wrong answers, so please answer it as honestly and completely as possible.  This will help our adoption staff unite you with a pet that is the best fit.

(Click to read Dr. Emily Weiss' blog post about Meet Your Match and her mention of this survey built for the Richmond SPCA.)


Take the Dog Adopter Survey
Take the Dog Adopter Survey

Click on the dog image to the left to begin the Dog Adopter Survey.  This survey is based on the Canine-ality™ Adoption Program which helps you find the dog that's right for you.  Our Canine-ality™ Assessment takes the mystery out of the selection process by reliably predicting how a dog is likely to behave when he or she arrives in your home.  This Meet Your Match™ Dog Adopter Survey helps determine which “Canine-alities” best fit you.


Take the Cat Adopter Survey
Take the Cat Adopter Survey

Click on the cat image to the left to begin the Cat Adopter Survey.  This survey is based on the Feline-ality™ Adoption Program which is built around the Feline-ality™ Assessment that reliably predicts how an individual cat is likely to behave when he or she arrives at your home.  In addition, this Meet Your Match™ Cat Adopter Survey identifies your preferences, expectations, and lifestyle so that you can look for cats with “Feline-alities” known to be a good fit for your household.


The Richmond SPCA, founded in 1891, is a non-profit, no-kill humane organization dedicated to the principle that every life is precious. The Richmond SPCA is a national leader in humane care and education, having developed numerous lifesaving programs and services including those dedicated to adoption, rehabilitation, sterilization and education. We save the lives of about 3,500 homeless animals each year and care for about 350 cats and dogs daily.

The Richmond SPCA is not affiliated with any other private animal welfare organization or SPCA but we regularly transfer pets from local municipal agencies into our care so that they may receive lifesaving treatment and be adopted to loving new homes. Of the 3,500 homeless animals in our care each year, we transfer more than 70 percent of them through these relationships. The remaining 30 percent are surrendered to us by their owners.

The Richmond SPCA operates a low-cost, full-service veterinary clinic and a free behavior helpline and offers pet behavior classes, children's educational programs, a pet pantry and numerous volunteer programs.

Robins-Starr Humane Center
2519 Hermitage Road
Richmond, VA 23220
804-643-6785